Community Service Extension?

Question: ”I was ordered to do community service. I was given dates to return, to show proof of completion. I haven’t completed my community service. Can I request an extension?”

Answer: Whether or not an extension will be granted depends on the specifics of your case. For instance, what was the original conviction for? Was it a felony or misdemeanor conviction? Aside from not completing the community service hours, how have you performed on probation? Have you completed any of the obligations? Finally, which courthouse are you in, as different judges within the county will treat this request differently. In some instances, it is best to request the extension prior to the due date by having your case advanced and placed on the calendar.


Get to Know Our Attorney

Providing Top-Notch Quality Defense for Over a Decade
  • Jesse P. Duran Photo
    Jesse P. Duran
    Lancaster, CA Attorney Jesse P. Duran is bilingual in both English and Spanish. He graduated from the California State University of Northridge (CSUN) with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Business Law. He continued his education at Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu, California, graduating with his juris doctorate and passing the California Bar in 2006. After working in the District Attorney’s Office in Van Nuys, he went into private practice in ...

Why Should You Choose Attorney Jesse Duran?

Zealous Legal Advocacy
  • Excellent Local Reputation
  • One-on-One Client Attention
  • Se Habla Español
  • Over a Decade of Experience

Start Your Defense

(661) 903-8056
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.